Tumbling Through the Rabbit Hole...
Header image

On the eve of our appointment

Posted by Haisla Tuesday 9 December 2014

I am cautiously excited. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, since I know the NHS is a slow train and nothing will be happening in an instant.

What I do, however, expect is a discussion to plan our first IVF cycle and some sort of a timeline.

I think this is probably the closest we have  ever got to having a GPOP (a genuine prospect of pregnancy) since we started our TTC journey three years ago.

In December 2011 I ditched the birth control pill and was genuinely worried that we might get pregnant on our first go (since we were living in a dingy, draughty - but cheap - flat in South East London which was as unsuitable to child rearing as they come). Had I known that three years down the line we are still trying, I would have been horrified.

But so it is. You don't know what you're able to endure until you've been through it. And so we've endured. And in some ways we're in a better place in our marriage than we have been in ages. Somehow this awfulness has brought us closer together. We're a team. We're in this together. And that, surely is worth something in itself.

So happy 3rd TTC anniversary to us!! May this leg of the journey soon come to an end.x

8 comments:

Patient Subfertility said...

Maybe we can be cycle buddies in a few months. Maybe this can finally work for us in 2015. I'm ready for 2014 to get the eff out.

Jessica Howard said...

Wishing you luck when you start IVF. I always find someone starting IVF exciting, I feel like I get as excited as you guys do!

Rebecca said...

Hoping that soon you'll be pregnant.

Haisla said...

Thanks! I hope so, too..x

Haisla said...

Thank you!! if IF has taught me anything it's how much strength we all have within us. I may be bent but I'm not broken by this. All the best for your 3rd trimester!!x

Haisla said...

Thanks luv, indeed, please let this be the last of our TTC anniversaries!!x

Haisla said...

Thanks for being excited, I am only managing cautious optimism at this stage ; ) xx

Haisla said...

Yay!! I'd love to be your cycle buddy. Fingers crossed for both of us!!!x

Post a Comment