Tumbling Through the Rabbit Hole...
Header image

Retrieval tomorrow

Posted by Haisla Wednesday 29 April 2015

Since it's nearly midnight and I need to wake up tomorrow at 6am ready for retrieval, I'll try to keep this brief.

The retrieval is booked for 10.30am, but we've been asked to arrive at the hospital around 9.30am, so we'll set off driving at 7.30am since we live quite far from Central London.

Surprisingly I don't feel nervous much, just sort of anxious to get this show on the road.

I just find it amazing that inside of me are eggs that might make up our children and that tomorrow the clever doctors will take them out, mix them up with M's sperm and presumably make little human beginnings; the beginnings of our potential offspring. And those little embryos (I'm assuming there will be embryos) will contain all the human potential required to build up a unique individual.. all the traits and genetic material that will make the person who they are is stored in those few cells.  Isn't that just the craziest thing you've ever heard? It kind of just blows my mind.

We were given the prediction that we'll get around 15 eggs (providing that all the follicles contain eggs). Oh, please God, let it be so. And let them be of the most amazing quality; let them mix beautifully with M's sperm and grow into strong, resilient embryos out of which our healthy, happy babies will grow. Please, God.. I don't often ask you for 'things', but this one thing I ask. Please.


6 comments:

TwoPlusOne said...

Hey Haisla, wishing you all the best for the retrieval today. I think you are getting all ready to head off right about now, and I can understand the excitement and anxiety on the journey. Keep positive and keep hydrated!

Jessica Howard said...

Fingers double crossed of course! Good luck and I'm sending best wishes your way!

JustHeather said...

Fingers crossed!

Ostrich said...

Is it strange to say I'm excited? Because I am! Wishing you abundant and cooperative embryos!

lab_monkey said...

Oh good luck! I hope it all went well and that your embryos are growing mightily!

Haisla said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments and wishes!! It all went really well. I'll write some more a little later.xx

Post a Comment